Please read all warnings and disclaimers prior to installing your Megawatt™ Performance Rock Sliders.
Thank you for purchasing the highest quality, most robust rock sliders available for your Rivian R1T or R1S! Doing so is a great step toward customizing your vehicle and protecting it from the harsh environment of off-road driving.
Installation of your Megawatt™ Performance Rock Sliders is a fairly straightforward process. With a little patience and the help of a friend, (or pair of jacks), the process can be done using simple hand tools.
- 2 x Rock sliders
- 10 x 17 mm bolts
- 10 x washers
- Thread locker
- A floor jack (2 jacks will make the process much easier)
- Screwdriver and/or pick for releasing body panel clips
- T15 torx screw driver
- A ratchet
- 10 mm socket
- 17 mm socket
- Socket extension
- Torque wrench
Installation:Elevate up the vehicle
- Park the vehicle on a level surface
- Set the vehicle in its highest suspension setting (under "off-road")
- Starting at the front of the vehicle, unscrew the T15 torx screws from the underside plastics located just behind the front wheel.
- Remove the 10mm bolts holding the front plastics in place
- Carefully pry the front plastics off of the vehicle.
The underbody plastics you will be removing are all attached via metal expansion clips, (as well as any screws or bolts). These can be tricky to remove. To do so, carefully, but forcefully pry the panel away from the vehicle. If the clips do not release on their own, a second screw driver or pick can help help compress the clip enough to release it. (An L-shaped pick or screwdriver can be useful for unclasping the back side of the clips). It is important to be patient during the process to avoid breaking the plastic which the clips are attached to.
- Using a socket extension, remove the 10 mm bolt on the plastic panel located under the vehicle and ahead of the rear wheel.
- Carefully pry loose the rear plastic.
- Beginning from either side, slowly, but forcefully pry the center plastic panel located under the vehicle.
Install the rock sliders
Start the bracket bolts
- With the assistance of a friend, jack stands, or a pair of jacks, place the rock sliders under the truck.
- Align the bracket holes with the inner set of threaded holes.
- Place a small amount of thread-locker on the 17mm bolts you removed from the vehicle underbody.
- Beginning at the front bracket, screw in the first bolt several turns by hand. (The bolt should remain mostly unbolted).
- Move to the opposite end of the rock slider and begin fastening the rear bolt several turns.
- Continue working your way inward to the center of the slider, tightening each bolt just a few turns.
Start the rail bolts
- Align the bolt holes in the main slider rail with the threaded holes in the vehicle frame.
- Starting at one end, fasten the bolt in by turning it just a few turns.
- Move to the other end of the rail and fasten the bolt there by turning it a few turns.
- Work your way inward toward the center of the rail, tightening each bolt a few turns until all bolts are in.